Sunday, December 17, 2006

Lazing on the Beach


After Manda returned from Auckland City centre at 3pm on Friday afternoon we all decided to visit Long Bay Beach. Dan and Ben played with the football and Josh lay on the beach, listening to music on his i-pod and reading (yes, you read that correctly, he actually read a book - incredible but true!)

Now you might be wondering why Manda ventured into the city on her own, well I had an interview at Legal Personnel Recruitment Agency, which lasted two hours. After an initial consultation I had to sit a typing speed test, a timed Microsoft Word skills test, a spelling test and a grammar test. I then discussed my preferences and the various positions available. My assigned consultant, Judith, then assured me she had 2 positions that would definitely suit me and another couple she would put me forward for. Later on Friday afternoon, whilst sitting on the beach I had a couple of phone calls to arrange interview times. So I have a couple of job interviews, first one on Monday morning at a solicitor's firm in Central Auckland and the second interview on Tuesday morning at a solicitor's firm in Takapuna, which is on the North Shore (north of Auckland city) about 20 minutes drive from where we live. Fingers crossed eh!

1 comment:

Helen Sendall said...

Fantastic news Manda! Good luck at the interviews, I will indeed be keeping my fingers crossed for you :-)